On Thursday afternoon, the NBA G League announced their team business awards for the 2022-23 season, with the Wisconsin Herd earning Franchise of the Year honors and Iowa Wolves president Ryan Grant receiving the Team Executive of the Year Award.
The Wolves were also named the recipients of the President’s Choice Award, which recognizes the team that embodies and demonstrates excellence in business performance across key areas of focus. This award is chosen by NBA G League president Shareef Abdur-Rahim, who presented the awards during the league’s annual Sales and Marketing Meetings.
The Wolves became the second G League team to earn this honor, as the President's Choice Award was established prior to the 2021-22 season.
A selection committee comprised of league executives determined the winner of the Franchise of the Year Award, evaluating all 30 teams on the league’s core pillars ("compete with intensity, lead with integrity and inspire play"). The Team Executive of the Year Award was selected by a vote of the league’s team presidents.
In addition to these honors, the Cleveland Charge earned the Social Responsibility Award, the Wisconsin Herd won Promotion of the Year and the Mexico City Capitanes won Retailer of the Year as well as the Digital Engagement Award.
Click here for more information on this year’s award winners. Below is a full list of honorees:
- Franchise of the Year: Wisconsin Herd
- Team Executive of The Year: Ryan Grant, President, Iowa Wolves
- President’s Choice Award: Iowa Wolves
- Social Responsibility Award: Cleveland Charge’s “Barbershop Banter”
- Promotion of the Year: Wisconsin Herd’s “Be the Light”
- Retailer of the Year: Mexico City Capitanes
- Digital Engagement Award: Mexico City Capitanes